Sell with confidence
VALUE MY CHERISHED NUMBER
In the first instance, you will want to know what we think your Cherished Number could make in auction with Brightwells. We have an extensive knowledge and experience of the auction world and having been involved in the sale of classic and vintage cars, modern vehicles, heavy plant and cherished numbers for many years. We therefore hold an ever growing database of potential purchasers.
If you are thinking of consigning into one of our next auctions, you can request a valuation of your cherished number by either:
- Completing this online valuation request
- Calling the office on 01568 611122 (9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday)
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
VENDOR FEES & MARKETING
Our fee structure is uncomplicated with no additional or hidden charges:
- Vendor Commission: Once sold, we will charge from the proceeds 8% (subject to VAT) of the hammer price.
Our pre-sale marketing will include promoting the auction through our web site, which attracts huge numbers of visitors from all over the world for each auction. For media advertising, we place auction notices in international Classic Motoring magazines, UK broadsheet newspapers, across several platforms of social media and specialist industry web sites, customised to the content of the auction.
We have an extensive database of buyers, built over the 30+ years’ experience we have in the offering of chattels, property, vehicles, plant and of course cherished plates too. Our mailing lists are ever growing and contain a national and international buyer base.
This combination of marketing streams produces a highly successful result, achieving a successful rate of selling for our clients.
SUBMIT AN ENTRY
You can submit your entry by:
- Downloading our entry form, printing it out and sending it to us by email or post
- After discussing your expectations and confirming any reserve on your cherished number, we would ask you to do the following:
- - If not already done so, please put your cherished number on to a retention certificate. This can be done through the DVLA website.
- - Please send into us the original Retention Certificate/Certificate of Entitlement after signing the 'Grantee' section.
- - After we have had all signed paperwork, we can take it from there and start promoting the number on your behalf.
The lots which sell best are marketed without a reserve price. The reserve price is the value a seller would like the item to make at the least. For items with a reserve price, we operate a provisional bid system, where we would submit the highest bid if the reserve is not met or exceeded.
All these sales are conducted in an online format, with buyers submitting their bids through our website. Brightwells owns and maintains it’s own auction software, so we do not charge buyers for the privilege of using a 3rd party auction site, which undoubtedly improves sale prices.
The bidding will take place over a number of weeks to gain the maximum exposure and promotion of your cherished number. We keep your retention certificates/certificates of entitlement safely locked away on our premises while the auction is ongoing which gives potential buyers confidence to bid.
As previously stated, we also may submit a provisional bid on a lot that has a reserve price. If the reserve is not met you may receive a call from our team after the auction has finished to find out your instructions.
POST-SALE PAYMENT & PROCESSES
We pay the proceeds from sale to sellers 14 days after the sale (10 working days), all funds being held in a secure client account during the intervening period.
We can pay by cheque or by bank transfer and we will send to you a full statement of the sale price, our deductions and the proceeds of sale.
There are other elements to the whole auction process, but these are the main points. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions and see our conditions of sale on our auction pages for full information of our trading terms.